Why We Do It
There are a plethora of reasons why people become volunteer firefighters. Each of our volunteers have a different reason for joining, however, one main reason remains constant, that is the duty to serve. If is was not for self-less service and the desire to give back, the volunteer fire service would not exist. Firefighters and EMS personnel are trained and skilled in their field and find comfort in knowing they helped someone in their absolute time of need. For more information about volunteer firefighting, click here.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age or older.
- Applicants must live in, or work full-time, in West Seneca Fire District #4.
- Applicants must pass a police arson background check.
- Free training & education in the fields of firefighting, first aid, CPR, and rescue
- Community Involvement
- Potential Career Avenue
-Camaraderie & Social Activities
- Service Award Pension Program
- County Tax Reductions
- On-Duty Life Insurance Coverage
- Upon receipt of your application for membership, you will be contacted for a screening interview with the Board of Fire Commissioners.
- Following the interview, you are subject to a police arson background check, as is required by NYS Law.
- Upon approval by the Board of Fire Commissioners, you will be instructed to obtain a health physical, paid for by District #4.
- After these steps are completed, you will be instructed to attend a fire company meeting where you will be accepted as a probationary member.
- After a 1 year probationary period, you will be voted upon by the general membership of the fire company.
- If you are found favorable, congratulations! You are officially a member of the East Side Power House!
How To Apply
1. Complete and return applications to 100 Lein Road, West Seneca, NY 14224
2. Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Stop in Monday nights at 7:00 pm for an application
East Seneca Explorer Program
Fire & EMS Exploring is a hands-on program open to young men and women 14 to 17 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of fire or emergency services. Exploring is a branch of the Boy Scouts of America which allows young men and women to participate in fire department training alongside East Seneca Firefighters. Click here to view more information about Fire & EMS Exploring.
Contact us to get an application or for more information!